Mechanic Hydraulic Technician
SPARROWS (Angola) - Luanda, Luanda
The main purpose of the Mechanic Trainee is to complete tasks set out by the Supervisor or Superintendent for all workshop related duty’s. These will be mainly mechanical with hydraulics being the next focused level of training. Main area of the business will be working on the overhaul of winches and hook blocks, plus another various mechanical works. The Mechanic Trainee will be trained in the rotating equipment side of our business by our skilled and certified mentors. Training in hydraulics will be offered via a structured plan to allow you to be competent as a hyd/mech by the end of the training period.
• Perform Mechanics duties as detailed on the relevant Job Card or Standing Instructions issued by Workshop Superintendent.
• Under supervision, perform Mechanic scopes in checking of plant/equipment prior to use highlighting any faults or defects to Workshop Superintendent.
• Provide information, both written and verbal, of work done for accounting and recording.
• The incumbent must attend provided training following a recognised course of study leading to the hydraulic technician level within their discipline. This training will be strengthened by on-the-job training by fully qualified hydraulic technicians.
• Complete a pre-organised rotation of all required departments to gain an appreciation of other department processes and procedures where possible.
It is mandatory that the incumbent is familiar with and follows the Company's Policy for Health, Safety, Environment and Quality and takes an active part in the compliance and improvement of the Management Systems to maintain our system certification. The incumbent must report any accidents, incidents, near misses, actual or potential problems with products, services or systems to the HSE(Q) Department Manager.
The incumbent also has legal responsibilities under country-specific health and safety legislation to follow all Company policies, procedures, guidelines, control measures, signage and permit conditions and to know what to do in an emergency. The incumbent is also responsible for the health and safety arrangements of subordinates (if any) and for any persons visiting them while on the Company premises.
• 3 + years as a mechanic working on heavy plant or offshore
• National school grades to intermediate level
• Good written and oral communication skills (English)
• Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
• Keen attention to detail
• Experience working in a team-oriented environment
• A keen interest in hydraulics
The Sparrows Group is a global provider of specialist equipment and integrated engineering services to the energy and industrial sectors. We specialise in delivering structured and bespoke solutions to meet our clients lifting and mechanical handling, cable and pipe lay, and fluid power requirements.
We work around the world, around the clock, to support our clients, optimise their efficiency and ensure the performance, reliability and safety of critical equipment and people.
Our commitment to consistent high performance through our ‘above all, one standard’ approach to quality and safety means delivery is assured with the Sparrows Group.
With over 41 years’ experience working in lifting and mechanical handling, we are the local specialists who have the network, knowledge and experience to get it right.